12 November 2012

REVIEW: Slammed by Colleen Hoover


Slammed (Slammed#1)


A quick rundown:
Girl; Lake- going through an extremely emotional and difficult move with her mother and younger brother.  This all after losing her father.  Guy; Will- extremely good looking whom also has a younger brother the same age seems to be making naughty eyes at Layken.  I mean, what better way to start off your first day in a new state?  At least the girl seems to have finally caught a break.  Maybe Lake will be able to distract herself with the prospect of having a nice hottie boy to look at/hang out with/ who knows what else!  But... nothing is ever that easy, especially for these two!  We get to see the obstacles Will and Layken have to overcome to grow as people, not even together, but separately.  Colleen Hoover sure knows how to bring the tears!

Review:
There's no way in hell to not give this book five stars/coffee cups/whatever you rate in!  I adored it.  Namely the two main characters, Will and Layken.  However, the supporting characters were amazing and JUST as vital to the story.  This book is a must read for anyone with a soul.  The second in the series, Point of Retreat was easy to devour and ALMOST just as raw, emotional, and perfect as Slammed.  Also, to anyone who HASN'T been to a poetry Slam, I advise going.  I personally have been to several and they really allow you to get to see the creative writing of others and feel things other people are conveying on stage.  It is an amazing thing to witness and be a part of.  

Why did I love it?:
There is something about a challenge that I always love.  Will has been faced with daily challenges for years now and Layken has just started her painful journey through life without her father.  Eddie, is another reason I adored this novel.  She is so real.  She's THAT girl.. the one that sometimes you want to punch because she has no boundaries, but yet she has so much heart it just makes you want to hug her.  She was such a perfect asset to the story, and she helped make it feel oh so real.  There are few books I have ever come across that make me feel as much as Slammed has.  Slammed had me laughing, crying, aching, wondering, confused, and a whole other mess of emotions!  But mostly... Slammed left me breathless.  This book is a must read. And due to that fact..

I would like to announce that we will SOON be having Colleen Hoover on the blog for an interview!  (::claps:: ::cheers::)  I was lucky enough to land an interview with Colleen!  But before that, I will be posting a review for Point of Retreat [book two], and also an eBook giveaway for Slammed!  

Let's finish this up with an ASTOUNDING five coffee cups!
Superb!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...